August 2009 Training
July 27th - August 2nd:
- Mon - 11.1 mi | 6.1mi @ Forest Park before work, 5mi @ Al
Foster after work at night w/ flashlight
- 6:52, 6:14, 5:46, 5:40, 5:35, 5:23, 0:28(5:29pace) splits
- easy run to the ipod. Didn't have a good night sleep due to my
neighbors below me for the 2nd night in a row - loud music or something kept
me up all night, get about 1-2 hours of sleep before waking up each
time...very frustrating. :( Must be getting old as this stuff
never bothered me before - I could sleep through about anything...kinda
- 6:43, 6:16, 5:55, 5:43, 5:41 splits - ran at night on the
trails in Eureka. Thought about not running but decided to go anyway
but I wanted something soft - I left my head lamps at home so borrowed flash
light from work and ran with that. Very good run, nice and peaceful
and very cool to just run under the moon light for parts of the run!
Felt good and relaxed, I miss these types of runs - been awhile since I ran
something like this.
- Tue - 10 mi @ home - car accident on way home from work
- 6:34, 6:15, 6:07, 6:01, 6:11, 6:17, 6:10, 6:08, 6:09,
6:10 splits - easy run to the ipod late evening after eating a large pizza
and watching some Heroes. Surprisingly went well, thought about not
running since the little car accident earlier, figured I might be a bit sore
from that but opted to go anyway and just see what happens. Been using
the foam roller to keep loose all afternoon, since I figure tomorrow may be
a different story! Run went well as I just made up a random loop which
included running all the way down by Carondelet Park and back via the River
Des Peres Greenway. Started to drizzle in the end which was nice.
- Wed - 6.1 mi @ Forest Park mid morning before work
- 6:51, 6:12, 5:51, 5:49, 5:45, 5:43, 0:34(5:45pace) splits
- same loop that I ran Monday morning, I am starting to like this direction
better. Worked at 2pm today so ran a little later in the morning, not
too bad but started to get warmer.
- Thu - 10.93 mi @ Clayton HS
TRACK WORKOUT AM
- 1.5mi warm up from track - 7:18, 3:21(6:42pace) splits
running to the ipod, stretched and did drills.
- TRACK WORKOUT = Race Simulation - 2mi,
2xMile, 2x800 w/ 400m jog rest on each
- 2mi (10:30) = 10:19 ----- 5:13, 5:06
- 1mi (5:00-5:10) = 5:01 ----- 2:33, 2:28
- 1mi (5:00-5:10) = 4:58 ----- 2:30, 2:28
- 800m (2:20-2:30) = 2:24 ----- 1:13, 1:11
- 800m (2:20-2:30) = 2:22 ----- 1:11, 1:11
- 3mi cool down from track - 7:09, 6:41, 6:32 splits ran to
the ipod, headed out to Hanley and back via Forsyth.
- Fri - 6.3 mi @ Francis Park loop before work
- 6:49, 6:14, 5:58, 5:51, 5:49, 5:49, 1:34 splits - easy
shake out from my place, ran my usual Francis Park loop but added on the 3rd
loop this time before heading home (normally I just do 2). Great
weather today! Stepped funny on the right foot on uneven sidewalk so
the ankle is a little sore, but not too worried.
- Sat - 5 mi @ FE Social Run
- 6:13, 6:28, 5:56, 6:30, 5:31 splits - took it easy and
just did the 5mi loop instead of my normal extended since the ankle felt
weird still from yesterday.
- Sun - 10.62 mi @ FLEET FEET Flat
- 2.5mi warm up along the Katy Trail out and back, stretch
- 5.12 mi = 26:07 @ 5:06 avg -
5:02, 5:03, 5:06, 5:12, 5:09, 0:33 splits - course was definitely
longer than 5 miles which was a bummer, based on my splits I ran 3 PR's this
morning...4mi @ 20:23, 5mi @ 25:32, and the 8K approx 25:19-25:23 based on
my pace...felt really good on this one as I took it from the start and was
on my own the entire way. The biker who was my lead vehicle took
awhile before he finally was able to keep ahead of me as I passed him a few
times since he kept slowing down. I glanced at the garmin once at the
turn around point (2.6mi around 13:09) and then when I saw 2nd and 3rd place
running I peeked at how big the gap was (roughly 400m at that point).
By the end I had roughly an 800m gap as 2nd place was 28:40. Weather
- Weekly Total = 60.05 miles
August 3rd - August 9th:
- Mon - 0 mi - rest day, realized hadn't taken an off day
for 3 weeks! :) Felt nice.
- Tue - 16.83 mi | 10.73mi AM w/ Serena (tempo run for
her), 6.1mi PM @ Forest Park shake out run for me
- 7:08, 6:23, 6:10, 6:11, 6:06, 6:09, 5:57, 5:42, 5:49,
5:44, 1:20(5:53pace) splits - nice and relaxing run as I talked most of
the way. Out along the Al Foster trail starting near Rockwood's
and went into Castlewood and turned just before heading down the hill
side near Blue Ribbon (5.15mi out in 33:00) - came back in 29:39 and
somehow lost distance, go fig. We split 9.75mi at an hour into our
run but kept it going till we hit the cars. I stopped timing then
and grabbed some water as we got about a half mile easy jogging in for
cool down. It was freakishly humid as literally felt like I just
got out of the pool - drenched! Went to work afterwards 10-3
- 6:42, 6:10, 5:55, 5:50, 5:45, 5:42, 0:23 splits -
evening run to the ipod at Forest Park, running the perimeter
counter-clockwise. Took this one very easy since it was still a
bit humid out, at least it was cooler out by the time I ran. Nice
shake out for the legs basically.
- Wed - 10 mi @ Creve Coeur Lake before work
- 6:47, 6:14, 6:05, 5:55, 5:59, 5:54, 5:59, 5:59, 6:02,
6:05 splits - ran late morning so by the time I got out it was pretty
warm and humid, sunny too. Ran the outer loop and the inner loop
today, felt fine as I just went slower - definitely could feel the need
for fluids towards the end since this park is not one for shade, you
- Thu - 10.62 mi @ Castlewood in afternoon
- 7:01, 6:26, 6:07, 6:29, 6:25, 6:12, 6:05, 6:23, 5:57,
6:00, 2:56 splits - easy run on the trails, Lone Wolf loop plus my Sherman
Beach loop. Felt nice to be on trails for a longer run again, pretty
warm and jumped into creek at the end of run to cool off. The knee
seemed to do fine after warming up some.
- Fri - 13.2 mi | 8mi @ Chubb AM before work, 5.2mi PM from
apt MacKenzie loop shakeout
- 7:11, 6:42, 6:35, 6:25, 6:17, 6:37, 6:38, 6:54 splits -
ran Chubb late morning, humid but at least cooler in the shade from the
trail. Ran across 6 people on horseback heading out (2 groups of 3)
and saw some deer and a lizard along the way. It was rough starting
out, but once I got past the train tracks it seemed fine. Just tried
to keep it slow and easy to see how the knee feels...I think it was either
just before the turn around or after it I noticed my left heel feeling like
a blister or something was about to form - debated on stopping to adjust the
sock but didn't. Towards the end the heat/humidity got me along with
the hill and the blister feel on the heel, so shut it down and cruised in.
Afterwards I had a good size blister forming on the heel - I think it was
just because of the humidity and sweat along with a seam in the sock I was
wearing that rubbed funny...at least it wasn't open.
- 7:21, 6:50, 6:40, 6:44, 6:50, 1:09 splits - decided to go
ahead and run after work from the apt - this run literally sucked! By
far the worst run I have had since I don't know when...I was due for a
downer with how things had been going and it hit me on this. My splits
weren't terrible at least despite how I felt...my legs hurt bad on this the
first 1.5-2 miles till things seemed okay after that. My left knee
didn't do so well and my right leg also just felt shot...thinking it is just
a culmination of my previous 2-3 weeks of running catching up with me now,
been awhile since I had done this high of mileage and with the same
intensity as my lower mileage weeks...my body isn't liking me too much right
now! :) I used body glide on the blister to see if that helped
and had no issue with that on the run so that was good.
- Sat - 5 mi @ FE Social Run
- 7:08, 6:26, 6:18, 6:04, 5:54 splits - a little better
than last night's run for sure, but still felt like crap on this one.
Decided to get myself motivated by running the loop in reverse, so I got the
big nasty hill out of the way in the beginning, the rest of it was basically
gradual uphill. Wore the ipod (which I didn't do that last night...)
and that helped keep my focus off the discomfort.
- Sun - 9.36 mi @ Jeff and Brandi loop from home
- 7:09, 6:18, 6:13, 6:10, 6:04, 0:37(6:10pace) @ 5.1mi ---
6:25avg, ran to their house via Big Bend, stopped for water and chatted for
a little bit, play with the dogs before heading on my way. Decided to
take the cut through to Watson and take that route back to see how far it
- 6:19, 5:57, 5:57, 5:57, 1:33(5:58pace) @ 4.26mi ---
6:02avg, felt good on this portion. Watson is rolling hills so not
flat by any means so I was surprised at my splits on this part - felt smooth
and relaxed, the weather was perfect at this time of night! Just
cruised to my ipod and rolled with it. Couldn't have planned this any
perfect - needed 9.35 miles and got 9.36 exactly. My new high mileage
week since Feb 2008...3rd week in a row over 60, 3 more to go before I hit a
70 mile week and then taper for the marathon....need to keep this going for
a month. Compared to Friday's run and tonights - night and day.
That ice bath sure helped...looking to get more this week after XC practices
as I plan on dropping back to 60 for next week...then build my way to 70!
- Weekly Total = 65.01 miles
August 10th - August 16th: XC season starts Monday!
Abs every day after practice with the kids, then an ice bath later for my legs
- Mon - 6.1 mi @ Forest Park before work - crappy run
- 7:29, 6:48, 6:36, 6:20, 6:24, 6:22, 0:29 splits - this
run was to be like a shake out, but my body really hurt on this one.
Took about halfway along till I felt some sense of normal running, but
overall just a miserable death march basically - figure my body probably was
feeling last night's run still and it was pretty early...a lot like last
Friday's run basically. Ah well....weather was great at least!
Nice and cool since it had rained before hand. Today was the first day
of practice so I worked 10-6 then went to practice till 8:30pm when I jumped
into the ice bath for my legs.
- Tue - 4 mi @ MHS before practice
- 6:18, 5:52, 5:42, 5:37 splits - easy run before practice,
ran the Kingspoint loop to find mile markers as the kids were running this
tonight for time. The loop ended up being 3.05 from where I started
at, then I just finished the rest out on the track to get 4 miles.
Surprisingly the legs actually felt pretty good....so far the trend I am
noticing is I have one good day, followed by a bad day, and repeat....ice
bath after practice again.
- Wed - 11 mi @ MHS after practice, decent run
- 6:51, 6:19, 6:02, 6:08, 5:52, 6:10, 6:20, 6:09, 6:13,
6:15, 5:57 splits - felt lazy this morning and opted not to run before
work...so worked 10-6 again, then practice, and after practice ran my
Chesterfield Parkway loop and once I hit Baxter went left and finished up a
Mobil loop in reverse to get more mileage. The goal was to get 8-10
miles in if my body let me...thankfully I actually felt pretty good on this
run, it wasn't till I was along Clayton heading to Kehrs Mill that my body
began to get real sore and the legs bugging me, even noticed the hips kinda
irritated - basically like if my form was going from being too tired to run
correctly....a lot of this though I think is due to my shoes being really
worn out...my new pair should be arriving tomorrow hopefully!!!! :)
I had thought about just leaving to go home but the way things felt I opted
to do the ice bath anyway and just sit all the way in it to get the
hips...so I didn't get home till about 11:30 tonight....ugh, long day!
Better get used to this quickly as once next week hits I am basically going
10-8 most days working and coaching, and then squeezing in my mileage before
and after along with eat and sleep! Time to start buckling down and
getting my act together once more! :)
- Thu - 7.15 mi @ MHS
- Basically ran several variations of the fartlek loop I
created for practice that evening before it started, then got in a Wilson
loop for an actual road run (3.32mi worth). The sun/heat fried me by
the time I was done, luckily it was much nicer out by the time the kids ran
the workout - they all ran very well and got after it! Did a whistle
fartlek with our top group going for 50min worth.
- Fri - 8.12 mi @ Castlewood w/ Serena
- 7:08, 7:03, 7:31, 7:23, 7:14, 7:25, 6:55, 6:50, 0:44
splits - nice and easy run before practice w/ Serena, very humid and warm
out. The slowest miles were in the washed out section as we took it
easy. Overall not too bad, but legs just didn't feel it today.
- Sat - 12.86 mi | 6.76mi @ FE Social Run AM, 6.1mi @
Forest Park PM
- 6:17, 6:22, 6:10, 6:02, 5:58, 6:30, 4:11 splits - morning
run felt pretty good till about just before the 5th mile mark and then the
food from last night got me. I decided to slow it down the rest of the
way even though the 6:30 split was mostly on the uphill, the big downhill
hurt and I barely made it back to the store in time! Ugh.
- 6:43, 5:59, 5:47, 5:44, 5:30, 5:27, 0:24 splits - evening
run at Forest Park, this time I ran clockwise and felt surprisingly good!
After a half mile in a female biker went by me along the paved path and we
were going almost the same pace just about, so I latched on and focused on
her for awhile since I ran out of gravel and had to jump on the paved trail
anyway. As we approached the science center (1.5mi approx at the road
crossing) I was gaining on her since we were going uphill at this point - I
passed and then made it a game to see if I could get far enough ahead so by
the time she got to the flat part or downhills she wouldn't gain ground on
me....it worked. I just rolled along and felt really relaxed which was
a nice sign! Hopefully the down cycle is starting to work its way out.
- Sun - 11.03 mi | 9.86mi @ Creve Coeur Lake AM, 1.17mi
from apt PM
- 6:46, 6:12, 5:54, 5:50, 5:49, 5:52, 5:56, 6:04, 6:00,
5:16(6:09pace) splits - morning run before work, a bit humid out though.
Thought about at least getting 6mi in but if I felt good I'd go for the
10.77 I needed....ran from the parking lot, did the outer loop and the inner
loop going clockwise this time. Felt great but started to tire some
near the end and just lost motivation for the run, wanted to be done.
Also needed the bathroom stop again and could use some water...so since I
didn't feel like doing an extra out and back to get the mileage I was lazy
and just stopped where I was when I hit the start point and figured if
anything I would tack on the extra bit tonight... :)
- 6:45, 1:04(6:18pace) splits - yes I actually wore my
garmin for this as I had never really run this loop before but curious to
the actual distance. Worked out perfectly as it is a short loop from
my apt that goes up and back down along the other side of the river.
Felt good despite all the sweets I ate at work today! Got my mileage
in at least and for the 4th week in a row over 60 miles!!!! YAY
- Weekly Total = 60.26 miles
August 17th - August 23rd:
- Mon - 4.34 mi @ Queeny Park after practice, before work:
- 7:29, 6:58, 6:46, 6:21, 2:03(6:08pace) splits - started
from the Dog Museum and ran a different figure 8 loop keeping it all on
trails. Thought about going longer but felt fine as is...body was very
sluggish at the start.
- Tue - 14.03 mi | 8.79mi before practice TRACK WORKOUT,
4.25mi @ Castlewood w/ Serena after practice
- 2.62mi warm up - 7:03, 6:33, 3:57(6:26pace) splits
- The MARQUETTE workout - Mile / 1200 /
800 / 400 w/ active running rest b/w each
- Mile = 5:07 ----- 78, 77, 77, 75
- 1200 = 3:39 ---- 73, 73, 73
- 800 = 2:17 ----- 69, 68
- 400 = 0:59 ----- 31, 28
- 1mi cool down on track before practice started
- 4.25mi @ Castlewood w/ Serena after practice for a very
easy 35min run - figure we ran close to this distance give or take based on
the loop we ran - no garmins allowed! :)
- Wed - 8.08 mi @ Queeny Park before work: 10-3, coach, 6-8
- 7:53, 7:19, 6:34, 6:14, 6:15, 6:28, 6:52, 6:46,
0:26(5:40pace) splits - this run hurt the first few miles, body would not
loosen up. Most of it is from the workout the day before, but
eventually things got going. The hills took more out of me than I was
used to so I slowed up more on the 2nd loop. Ran a 4mi loop from where
I started all on trails, then did one big perimeter loop. Saw Serena
running with Megan on the trails. Today was the first day I start my
working 10-3, then coach, then work 6-8 - this takes place every Mon, Wed
and Thursday....so I try to get my running in at 7am. Ugh, long
- Thu - 9.34 mi @ Al Foster Trail before work: 10-3, coach,
- 7:34, 7:03, 6:55, 6:56, 6:36, 6:27, 6:32, 6:22, 6:19,
2:11(6:24pace) splits - ran on the Al Foster Trail this morning and headed
out to Sherman Beach till I hit 2.5mi and turned back - contemplated going
longer but then thought just running 5mi and add more later tonight.
That changed again once I had 1mi left to go and decided to go explore the
new trail opening up...that turned out to be one long and gradual uphill for
2.2 miles roughly - it got steeper towards the end. The trail comes
out on Ridge Road, at which point I turned back and headed back to the
start. Overall the run was a little better than yesterday, despite all
the freakin' cobwebs on the trail! Gross. Afterwards my left
lateral shin was killing me...figure it is due to the fact I ran a bunch of
trails this week and the ones at Queeny were a bit sloppy from the rain in
portions, so overworked those ligaments/tendons...wore the Zensah sleeves
- Fri - 12.2 mi | 6.1mi @ Forest Park before work (10-3,
coach), 6.1mi @ Forest Park after practice
- 7:18, 6:50, 6:37, 6:20, 5:43, 5:51, 0:20 splits - ran
clockwise loop at Forest Park in the morning, felt sluggish at first, but by
3.5-4mi I finally loosened up and just cruised.
- 6:41, 6:14, 6:10, 6:23, 6:11, 6:14, 0:28 splits - same
loop as this morning, very nice out as just missed the minor little rain
storm that rolled through - I was changing clothes in the visitor center at
the right time! By 3mi I felt the need for a bathroom break but opted
to just finish the run out...so that got me towards the end causing me to
ease up some...good run otherwise.
- Sat - 6 mi @ MHS - Alumni Race (1.54mi)
- 3.03mi warm up (2.03mi before team pictures, then 1mi
before the race)
- Alumni Race = 1.54mi @ 7:38 - 4:54, 2:46(5:06pace) splits
- felt fine, but shut it down before the mile mark after I had established
enough of a gap over Jeff...just maintained that the rest of the way, as the
last 300m was on the track...did not kick that in. Jeff ran really
well and finished 2nd in 8:04 or so. Got in about 1.43mi worth of a
cool down afterwards
- Bike ride early afternoon - about 90min or so, explored
some parks nearby and found some more dirt trails to run on along with some
nice paved paths...didn't realize how big these areas were or that they
connected up to one another, sweet!
- Sun - 10.25 mi @ Creve Coeur Lake
- 6:37, 6:13, 5:45, 5:50, 5:44, 5:48, 5:43, 5:45, 5:35,
5:33, 1:23(5:40pace) splits - great run out at Creve Coeur Lake mid morning!
This felt almost like my old self again based on splits and how easy it
was...so almost back! Ran a shorter loop first (4.1mi around 25:00)
and then did one big loop to get the mileage. Funny, 3 years ago a run
like this would have been my marathon pace run just about and felt
hard....now it is an easy run and not taxing! Gotta love it.
Weather was just perfect - in the mid 60s and sunny....lots of people out
too. At the end I stalked a guy on roller blades who thought he was
hot stuff, but couldn't shake me! ha ha He kept looking back and
would speed up, then tire, and repeat. :) Good times! Also
saw Kerrie from the social run out getting her long run in. 5th week
now over 60 miles!!!! 1 more to go before the 70 mile week....WOO HOO!
Then we taper....
- Weekly Total = 64.24 miles
August 24th - August 30th: left hip flared up this week...
- Mon - 8 mi | 2.45mi @ Castlewood AM before work, 5.55mi
PM from apt after work
- Run at Castlewood was frustrating due to the spider webs,
they were all over the place and it was very annoying that I just decided to
stop and call it a run, get more in later today after work. Weather
was great though...
- 7:34, 6:38, 6:30, 6:28, 6:14, 3:24(6:11pace) splits -
after work ran from apt, felt decent on this one.
- Tue - 19.45 mi | 12.89mi @ Al Foster w/ Serena
FARTLEK, 6.56mi PM w/ Serena easy
- 3.14mi warm up for workout - 7:33, 7:00, 6:39,
- FARTLEK = 6 x 6min on/2min off with a
15min cool down - just left the garmin go on mile splits, so the
following is just overall. I glanced at the distance each time we
started a 6min push and the first 3 we hit between 5:20-5:30 pacing, the
last 3 I was right at 5:40ish on each. Overall I felt really good, the
hip held up - as long as I get it warmed up I seem to be good...not
hindering my stride at all, at least that I can tell anyway. We hit
24:00 even after our 3rd set which was the half way point, obviously the 2nd
half was a bit slower...
- 5:59, 6:10, 6:15, 5:36, 6:46, 6:36, 6:17,
6:20, 7:38, 5:46(7:40pace) @ 9.75 mi
- 7:36, 7:14, 7:17, 7:05, 7:01, 3:42(6:35 pace) splits -
evening run met up w/ Serena from my parents place and joined her on a 45min
easy run just relaxed.
- Wed - 8.08 mi @ Queeny w/ Billy before work
- 8:27, 7:54, 7:22, 6:59, 6:38, 7:04, 7:17, 6:51,
0:32(7:25pace) splits - easy run around Queeny Park on same loop as last
week. Very rough at the start with the hip, just didn't want to
go...that sucked, eventually warmed up though.
- Thu - 5 mi @ Castlewood before work
- Ran 5 miler loop at the park early morning, no watch just
took it easy.
- Fri - 6.1 mi @ Forest Park before work
- 7:22, 6:51, 6:30, 6:33, 6:35, 6:33, 0:29 splits - ran
counter-clockwise from VC, nice and cool out. Began to drizzle by the
time I finished. Again, took 2 miles or so for the hip to loosen up
some....got appointment Tuesday with Feder to get it worked on...think I
discovered the cause - and it will annoy me if it is the reason....oh well.
- Sat - 12.2 mi | 5mi @ FE Social Run AM, 7.2mi @ Creve
Coeur Lake PM
- 7:40, 7:40, 7:13, 7:56, 6:27 splits - easy run at the
social with Bryce, taking it easy on the hip...breakfast afterwards.
- 6:43, 6:10, 5:59, 6:00, 5:55, 5:52, 5:47, 1:07(5:54pace)
splits - easy run afternoon @ Creve Coeur Lake to the ipod. Legs felt
good on this one, been doing some A.R.T. stuff on my hip (Lauren showed me a
little at practice so I think I am doing it correctly...it helps somewhat at
least!) and then I just ran to the music and chased down bikers and roller
bladers. Good times! :) Later to the zoo and Forest Park
w/ Amber, great time.
- Sun - 10.2 mi @ Creve Coeur Lake w/ Serena
- 50 minute Tempo run - ran 10min
warm up then just went straight into the tempo. Figured we'd aim for
about 6-6:30 pace to start with and build off that. Weather was
PERFECT...once we got going I felt fine. This was actually a bit
slower pace then my run yesterday actually, overall that is, so having
Serena there to run with just made it seem like a normal run. Made
sure not to push too hard in case either one of us redlined...she ran great
as she stuck on my shoulder the entire time. I kept up a conversation
through most of the run and talked later on in it to keep her going.
Lots of people out at the park too - ran the figure 8 loop plus a 3 mile
loop. The cool down was just running back to the cars as I was pressed
for time anyway before work. Hip held up fine...the cool down
irritated it some once we had stopped and then started to run a little bit
more...that part I did not include in my mileage.
- 7:28, 2:33(7:05pace) warm up @ 1.36 miles
- 6:06, 6:07, 5:51, 5:49, 5:41, 5:48, 5:43,
5:45, 3:04(5:42pace) tempo @ 8.54 miles
- 2:28(8:19pace) cool down @ .3 miles
- Weekly Total = 69.03 miles
August 31st - September 6th:
- Mon - 9.5 mi @ Wild Horse Parkway loop after work
- 7:26, 6:58, 6:46, 7:00, 6:47, 6:43, 6:28, 6:29, 6:31,
3:17(6:34pace) splits - HILLY ass run! Worked 10-3/coached/6-8 and
then ran from the store out to Wild Horse via Edison and Long Road, then
took the 2nd subdivision on my left along Wild Horse heading out towards 109
which is Wild Horse Parkway (there is a wood chip 2K path back in here but
just stuck to the roads at night) - very hilly area as I took it all the way
till the road dead end and then headed back. Not bad overall, and the
moon/sky was pretty cool out!
- Tue - 13.13 mi | 10.13mi TRACK
WORKOUT w/ Serena before XC meet, 3mi PM running around @ XC meet
- saw Feder this morning to get hip worked on too
- Wed - 0 mi - much needed off day - 29 straight days of
- Thu - 4.61 mi before staff meeting from CH store
- 7:26, 6:41, 6:25, 6:25, 3:53(6:24pace) splits - miserable
run at first, then decent at finish but hip definitely impacting my stride
for the first 2 miles till it warms up. Pressed for time on this so
only could get in this amount before meeting....eh, it works.
- Fri - 12.53 mi | 5.1mi before work ML/Francis Park loop,
7.43mi after practice from apt
- 7:08, 6:45, 6:34, 6:30, 6:27, 0:36(6:20pace) splits -
used foam roller and stick prior to run which helped loosen up the hip some,
not as bad starting off but still there and nagging as always.
- 6:49, 6:28, 6:06, 6:20, 6:10, 6:11, 6:17, 2:37(6:06pace)
splits - easy run after getting home, ran down River Des Peres Greenway to
Gravois, then up Jamieson to Wilmore Park and around the lakes there, then
up to Francis Park for the normal 2 loops before heading home. Overall
felt pretty good on this run surprisingly...need to feel this way in the
- Sat - 5 mi @ FE Social run - RAINY!
- This run just was not fun for some reason - perhaps the
rain dampened my spirits??? Either way, just didn't feel it today and
the last mile or so was dragging. Hip wasn't the big problem but it
didn't help the situation - the afternoon made up for the rough morning as
it was a great day later on! :)
- Sun - 5.1 mi @ ML/Francis Park loop before work
- Pressed for time and got out late, so didn't get the
garmin going right away, ran the usual loop since I know the distance,
overall felt good as I avg 6:38 for the whole thing so at least this week
was consistent with pace wise on the whole - I was WAY off my goal of 70
this week but figure I better listen to the body this time around and not
force the mileage. I found myself getting to caught up in the mileage
these past few weeks that I began slipping to my old ways.....and I found
that I run better when I do not do that, so as much as I would love to keep
the mileage goals up I am deciding to scrap those and adjust to fit my
current situation with this hip deal - figure I will shoot for around 50
miles the remaining weeks and just maintain as I get this worked out and
strong again. Besides, I know I can run a marathon on the lower side
of mileage so I am not too worried there - I just want this hip issue to go
away in 4 weeks! :) And...I hit 69 miles last week so that was
close enough to the 70 mark anyway, and I had a solid 6 weeks over 60
miles.....I know I can do that, but it will have to wait for another round
of training till I get back up there...I can be patient.
- Weekly Total = 49.87